What is the best laptop for aerospace engineering students? With the technology evolving at such a high speed, we need to stay updated with it and while being an aerospace engineer, it’s way too important to have yourself equipped with the latest technology out there. To solve your problem,
In this article, you will get the list of the best laptops for engineering students.
After days of research and personally asking students about the devices they use, I hope this list helps you decide on your next laptop for the journey of aerospace engineering!
Being an aerospace engineer student, you need to perform CAD and CFD tasks both. That can’t be run on some random laptop that every other teenager out there has.
We have chosen laptops that are capable of handling computer-aided design (CAD) exercises, modeling and simulation using ANSYS or MATLAB with aplomb.
Our list consists of laptops that are a minimum Intel i5 and have a minimum of 4-8GB of RAM.
It’s very important to invest wisely here and don’t worry, you’ll get the best choice of products here and you won’t have to look anywhere else after reading this article!
Best Laptops for Aerospace Engineering Reviews
Choosing a laptop for aerospace engineering students can be a difficult task. This is because you have to consider other factors other than the price.
For example, you have to consider the portability of the laptop and the storage capacity. These are important since you will be carrying your laptop with you to the university, and you will need storage to store all your project files.
The following are some of the best laptops an aerospace engineering student should consider buying;
Microsoft Surface Book 2
|Display||15-inch, 3240 x 2160 pixels|
|CPU||1.9GHz Intel Core i7-8650U|
|GPU||Intel UHD Graphics 620; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060|
|Storage||1TB PCIe 3.0 SSD|
|Size||13.5 x 9.87 x 0.568-0.90 (343 x 251 x 15-23 mm)|
|Weight||4.2 pounds (1.9 kg)|
|OS||Windows 10 Pro|
- The best laptop for aerospace engineering students out there. Microsoft Surface Pro had the flaw that it did not have a dedicated graphics card but rather intel integrated graphics which made it kind of slow and not preferred by a lot of students out there.
- This laptop has just killed in every segment out there! From performance to portability, Microsoft has got you covered.
- You can easily perform CAD & CFD operations and work with ease.
- Also, during our research and personal interaction with students, we found out that a major part of students use this laptop for their engineering needs as it comes in handy with a lot of powerful features!
- If you ever take a hands-on experience with this beauty, trust me it will feel amazing. It’s sleek and well-built so we know that it is very durable.
- It just weighs 3.62 lbs/ 1.8 Kgs which is really very low when you get a laptop with these types of features.
- You can also use it as a tablet so it will definitely fulfill that part of your needs too!
- Simply detaching the screen from the dock will make it turn into a tablet.
- The screen is very responsive and also to help you with your hold and grip when you hold the laptop, the company has included little bezels.
- I bet you’ll dig the palm rejection in this laptop!
- This monitor/display is a 13.5-inch pixel as it is displayed in 3000 x 2000 pixels resolution. This is one of the color-precise displays on the market. It is ideal for media consumption and other technical color-related jobs.
- It will provide support for a CPU of 4.2 GHz for clock speed, which can be combined with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and 1 TB of SSD for storage and it has an 8th generation Quad Core i7 processor.
- The SSD based on PCIe NVMe is x17 faster than a standard HDD.
- The GFX card is very strong/powerful. Here, you have choices and they are the following – GTX 1060 or GTX 1050.
- The battery is pretty great too. Runs for 7-8 hours easily.
Click Here to View Current Price on Amazon.com
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 7 3700U|
|BATTERY||Upto 8 hours|
|GPU||AMD Radeon RX Vega 10|
- If you don’t have quite a lot of money to put into buying a laptop, this is the laptop you need. The budget-friendly winner is here! Acer Aspire 5 Slim.
- It has all the necessary features that will help you get all your tasks done right.
- An AMD Ryzen 7 processor powered the laptop, which has a maximum clock speed of 4.0 GHz. This is a dual-core processor with ample power to satisfy most students’ needs. Although we normally propose to go with a quad-core processor, it gets a pass because of its amazing results.
- The Full-HD IPS display is surprisingly colorful and vibrant, looks perfect and the matt finish helps to avoid reflections. The backlighted Keyboard feels a bit sluggish, but its keys do have good pop and ample travel to not make you feel that you are typing on a flat table.
- The touchpad also works really well and you also get a fingerprint sensor. You should also change the sensitivity of the touchpad to ensure that your palm doesn’t move the cursor accidentally.
- You get a 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD for storage. These SSD provides plenty of room to keep your entire job running fast enough.
- The SSD is not only wide-ranging but also gives you an improvement in laptop performance. In just a few seconds, it boots up the operating system and brings the same power to open and close applications.
- Although the battery is quite decent, you can only expect 3-4 hours when doing something really heavy.
- You get all the necessary things taken care of and plus, the graphic card does the justice. A perfect budget laptop!
Click Here to View Current Price on Amazon.com
|PROCESSOR||8TH Gen Intel Core i5 – 10th Gen Intel core i7|
|RAM||16 Gb to 64 GB|
|STORAGE||256 GB-4TB SSD|
|OPERATING SYSTEM||Mac OS|
- You have very few choices left to you if you are an aerospace engineering student and you are not a Windows fan.
- We recommend you go for a MacBook Pro for a variety of purposes if you want a smooth user experience.
- Alternatively, you can go with Linux or go with Mac.
- The New Apple Mac Book Pro is probably one of the best on the market. This is the new update and has some pretty cool features that will push you to purchase it. This Mac book has a 13 “Retina screen with a true tone and bright light.
- Increased RAM speeds, improved hardware, increased storage space, magical keyboard, better sound, and much more are supported by higher configurations. The newest Intel processors. It has various characteristics combined in a svelte 13-inch frame.
- The 13-inch Apple MacBook Pro provides a 12-hour battery life. You can do more in college without searching for a power outlet to charge your laptop for this battery life period.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro is among the best laptops for the aerospace industry. It comes in a tiny box but continues to work wonders without any problems to meet all your education needs.
- I hope you know that this laptop is not for gaming. You can do everything seamlessly but gaming. Buy a gaming laptop instead if that’s your priority along with your studies.
- The SSD is super fast and the RAM with Integrated graphics works just amazing.
- It’s super light and it is great to see that Apple has made every detail work together so well that you can also lift the laptop with a single hand. If you have iPhone or any Apple device, you may already know what I’m talking about!
Lenovo Legion Y740
|Display||15.6-inch G-Sync FHD 144Hz, 1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|CPU||Intel Core i7-8750H|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080|
|RAM||16GB – 32GB|
|Storage||256GB SSD – 256GB SSD+1TB HDD|
|Size||16.2 x 12 x 0.91 inches (411.5 x 304.8 x 23.1 mm)|
|Weight||6.4 pounds (2.90 kg)|
- This laptop is a gaming beast. At this price, it can easily be in competition with all those so-called high-end devices.
- The laptop has a powerful GPU i.e Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 which works like a charm. It can easily get you 60Fps to even crazy high-end games out there.
- Also, this laptop has its specs perfectly balanced. The RAM is 16GB DDR4 with a 256GB SSD storage
- The screen is a 15.6’ FHD DISPLAY with a 144Hz of refresh rate. You might be wondering what is refresh rate? Okay, so have you ever operated a high-end laptop and wondered how the stuff flows so smoothly? Yes. That is exactly what a higher refresh rate helps you get. A very smooth experience.
- The G-Sync support is a cherry on the cake. You can easily get a very powerful performance for sure.
- Now, talking about your educational needs, it can easily run intense tasks and this laptop is the perfect one to go for if you are aiming to game as well as study and work with graphics intense software.
- Talking about speakers, the laptop has excellent speakers and they work great as well. It has Dolby Audio Speaker System.
- Lenovo Legion Y740 also represents a magnificent engine that almost hides its gaming essence by its austere iron-gray aluminum frame. And while there are a few less than optimal design choices, the Y740 is more than an adequate computer in general.
- It’s definitely worth the price.
Aerospace Engineering Laptop Requirements
The following are the minimum and recommended requirements for aerospace engineering laptops;
|Processor||Intel Core i5||Intel Core i7|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|Hard Disk Drive||250 GB||500 GB SSD|
|Wireless||802.11ac||802.11ac or Wi-Fi 6|
|GPU||Integrated||Dedicated/Discrete (Nvidia or AMD)|
Aerospace Engineering Laptop Buying Guide
The answer is never simple. This thing always depends on the type of user you are and your end needs. I’ll break it down into a few points which would further help you understand what type of laptop an aerospace engineering student should get.
It is one of the most important things to consider while getting a laptop for yourself when you are a student. Being a college student, you need to take your laptop everywhere you go and you can’t afford to get a bulky one just because it has a lot of features at a really cheap price. The ideal weight should be under 2Kgs.
Anywhere above 2Kgs is considered bulky because of the fact that it fits in your backpack and you also have space to fit in your books after that matters a lot!
Talking about portability, you can get yourself a 13.3’ or a 14-inch display laptop because that will help you get one with a lot of specs at a relatively cheaper price and weight.
You may want to go with MacBook if budget is not a worry for you. They are sleek and well built to power most of your daily needs and heavy creative tasks.
If you’re a windows kind of person, you should definitely go for Surface Pro or Surface Go 2
The display is one of the factors which really matters a lot but is ignored most of the time. A good display will enhance your experience and will make you love your laptop.
When you’re working with software that requires you to pay attention to minute details, you’ll be able to make the most out of the display.
I would recommend you no less than an FHD Display.
The best laptop for aerospace engineering students should have a minimum screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
The screen size really depends according to your need. If you want a light and feature-packed laptop, I would recommend you to get a 14-inch display laptop as the lesser the screen size, the lesser the weight is.
An FHD 15.6 inch would be great If you are more into creative tasks and stuff like video editing.
Storage is a very important factor to consider when you will be doing very heavy and intense tasks in your laptop.
For starters, I would recommend you to get an SSD storage instead of a hard disk because it is very fast and it can boost up your performance 5x or 10x.
Hard drives in 2020 are really not a good option so if you can get one that has SSD + HDD both or an SSD one, it would be a perfect choice.
As you are an aerospace engineering student, a graphics card will be a very wise option for you because not only it will help you with software that works with 3D modeling, but it will also help you enhance your PC’s performance and give you ready fast speed while doing daily tasks.
Most other times you won’t feel the need for a dedicated GPU but when it comes to software that involves multitasking and heavy intense processes to be running, then a graphic card will come in handy.
It will significantly improve the performance of your laptop and give you a lag-free experience.
You can easily get an NVIDIA graphic card in a budget device i.e a laptop with decent specifications which will help you get running in your aerospace engineering program very easily.
I wrote this article to help you decide on the best laptops for aerospace engineering students and now you are ready to get yourself a great laptop that will be a support for the next coming years of your education program.
Also, check –